Friday, July 24, 2009

Time to march on DC

People of color, LGBTQ, women, undocumented people, workers, and numerous other people who are oppressed and have extra hurdles to overcome to attain the "American Dream"are tired of doing it alone. The brunt of responsibility to remove these barriers is upon the shoulders of white men. We have created a society of inequity and called it equality. We are lying to ourselves. When we say we want equality I believe most of us are lying to ourselves again. What would true equality look like? We wouldn't recognize it because we have no idea what that concept even means. Having a few people in powerful positions or with celebrity status does not represent equality. In fact it doesn't represent shit.



So as I sit in my stucco mcmansion while Mexicans are blowing leaves around in my white neigborhood before the extreme heat of the day I realize that I'm not really doing enough to make real change. Real change may be very uncomfortable for me. Why change then? Simple. There is no god and therefore the judgement of my life presides within me. The other reason is that my life will be better (Stay tuned for a blog on how).I am my executioner and the time has come to shit or...well you know. SO I propose that white men march on Washington DC and demand equality for all. Who better to make real change than those who created the status quo? More to come...

No comments: