Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama


Well fellow citizens we did it. I am in shock...really. I feel happiness for the first time in a long time. I actually felt some American (US0f A) pride. We have chosen a man who can inspire and lead but we all must act. The hatred and ignorance still exist as they did yesterday. The long road finally has a map to follow. My god we finally woke up for at least a second or two.

My LGBT friends have taken a blow this week. Several states still believe bigotry is justified under the name of god. History will ultimately show them their ugliness. I need to be more vocal on this front.

I wonder what the McCainites feel like today? I guess in some ways I don't really care. All I know is that this country has kept me involved a little longer. I guess I identify with more people than I really thought possible.

My black brothers and sisters have waited lifetimes for this moment. I can't even fathom what they must feel. It is time for a new day and I am ready to listen to those who have had no voice. I am ready to be a better ally.

1 comment:

Cactus Pix said...

I totally agree. Last night showed me that America has progressed and not playing lip service. It was a proud moment for me as an American.

I was curious about the feedback from friends and people abroad, so I went online and looked at different message boards and blogs. For the most part, the feedback is possitive. However, we do have the haters and I.T.G.s ( Internet Tough Guys) who are chiming in with their messages of hate and misconceptions about our new president elect.

Sadly enough, one comment came from a man who claims that he wants to see change himself, Ralph Nader. He asked if Obama would be an Uncle Sam for the people or an Uncle Tom for big corporations.

See for yourself... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibsP6XN2dIo

I found his question disgraceful and it proves that Nader is old news. It was sad that he didn't get it, he had no clue of why what he said was wrong and insulting not just to Barak Obama but to all Americans who want to be lifted to a higher plain. If you know me, you know that I am not a fan of Fox News, and it has been the butt of jokes in my response to ITGs on the web, ( they hate that I do that)But, I have to give props to Shepard Smith for not taking his idiotic comment lightly, called him on it, and wouldn't let it go until the end of the segment.

Now after watching this you might say that, " well, he didn't actually call Obama an Uncle Tom." Well that maybe the case. It wasn't that he called him one directly, it's the fact that he used the reference at all. That question was meant for one type of person alone. That tells me that although we are on the right path and historically, and we've come a long way, we still have a long journey ahead.

Many wrongs were righted last night, ending with the news that Florida, the state that cost Al Gore the 2000 election due to shenanigans, went to Obama.

Last night we told the world that color doesn't matter. Although it maybe too late for Nader, we hope that others will soon get the message, " It's the man inside the skin that matters..."