Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well I'll tell ya Pilgrim

I have a picture on my Facebook page where my wife and I are dressed up like Pilgrims. We live in AZ and obviously immigration is all over our local headlines. Unfortunately Sheriff Joe Arpaio is the patron saint of racists in our state and we get to see him all over the news. We decided a couple of years ago to be Pilgrims for Halloween and place signs around our necks that read, "Original Illegal Aliens." We got a little bit of attention that night and a tad more when I placed it as my profile picture the last two Thanksgivings. Recently the picture gained the attention of radical feminist Nikki Craft. She liked it enough to take the image and add her own artistic flare to it. I have been fortunate enough to have some small email exchanges with her. She is amazing and her work and activism speak for themselves. I have been reading some pieces she suggested (after I inquired) and I'm being challenged daily about how I view the world. I have met some amazing people recently via the Internet and I look forward to the journey of exploring new thoughts and ideas. Here is a link to the picture if you're interested.

www.nikkicraft.com/genocide/index.html

No comments: